Eating healthy doesn't mean you have to eat salads for every meal. In fact, there are fun ways to re-create a popular dish using all-natural ingredients! Here's a recipe for guilt-free stuffed chicken.
Serves 3-5 (If served with a healthy side)
-1 Package of Organic, Free-range, boneless chicken thighs
-Unrefined Coconut oil, or organic butter (for non-stick purposes only)
-1/2 green bell pepper
-3 Garlic cloves
-2 Organic Tomatoes
-1 can of organic, unsalted Garbanzo beans
-1 small package of organic white mushrooms
1. Dice Tomatoes, bell pepper, and garlic cloves. Place the tomatoes, bell pepper, garlic and beans into a high powered blender. (I use Ninja blender) Put blender on high for 1-2 minutes or until ingredients are fully pureed. Leave in blender.
2. Dice mushrooms and sautee in 2 tbsp of water. On medium heat, this should take about 5 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place aluminum foil on sheet pan and coat with coconut oil or organic butter. (Thin layer)
4. Remove chicken from package and open up each thigh placing the top part down on the pan
5. Scoop 1-2 tbsp's of your puree in the middle of each chicken thigh. Then add cooked mushrooms to the middle of the the chicken thighs as well.
6. Roll each thigh onto one side and slowly flip the piece over. Try to enclose ingredients in the rolled thigh. This might get messy, but it's ok if some of the mixture spills over. It'll dry up in the cooking process.
7. Lightly sprinkle the top of each rolled thigh with Cumin, black pepper, dill weed, thyme, and cayenne pepper.
8. Place in oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
(A great side dish would be baked sweet potato, mixed greens, or salad.)